Many people, my employees included, have asked me why I do not want wifi in my home or in my office. Dr. Magda Havas, who is a researcher at Trent University in Ontario, has created a very user-friendly video about the Dangers of wifi in Schools. Her explanation applies to other places as well.
What are some of the symptoms I am hearing from my patients? Headache, nausea, dizziness, fatigue…the same as described by children in schools with wifi and also by people newly exposed to “smart meters.” And we have not run the experiment long enough with our children as guinea pigs to determine the full long-term effects of such exposure.
Unfortunately, a common trend in medicine today is “have a symptom, take this pill.” We are moving farther and farther away from recognizing the intelligence and brilliance of our bodies that has allowed us to survive for thousands, if not millions, of years. When we support the health and well-being of our bodies, we can withstand terrible illness and stress.
What we have now is a society that ignores the importance of supporting our health. Instead our bodies are being assaulted constantly with toxic chemicals in our air, water, body products, our food, and now potentially toxic electromagnetic radiation. The more “civilized” we become, the more we are exposed. The denser our cities, the more cell phone towers, wifi neighborhoods, and active cell phone use our bodies are exposed to on a daily basis. The evidence is beginning to appear about the relationship between these exposures and the epidemics of chronic illnesses amongst us like heart disease, cancer, learning and behaviour problems and autism.
Here is what I recommend you can for yourself. At the very least,
- Watch this video. Educate yourself.
- Then, minimize your use of wifi. Minimize your use of cell phones and cordless phones.
- Reduce your exposure to pesticides, GMO foods, and chemicals in your cosmetics and cleaning products.
- If your city permits, refuse the installation of a smart meter for your home.
- Let your school district know that you do not want wifi in your schools. (Even if you don’t personally have school age children, they are the future of our society and need our protection.)
- Discuss these issues with your family and friends and neighbors.
Thank you for your commitment to good health.